The new FIP Development Goals which have just launched are set to transform global pharmacy by providing a systematic and integrated framework that can support the transformation of pharmacy practice, science and workforce & education. Of the 21 Goals, FIP Development Goal 10 impacts us all. The Equity & Equality Goal calls for clear strategies to address inequalities in the pharmaceutical workforce, widen access and equity of pharmaceutical care services & access, as well equity in global capacity in pharmaceutical sciences development. Together we will deconstruct Goal 10 for pharmacy, discuss ways we can implement them and how FIP-EquityRx (FIP’s programme on Equity & Equality) is supporting FIP DG 10’s global implementation.
Together we will explore the following questions… and so much more!
- What is FIP Development Goal 10 and how it came to be? How will FIP-EquityRx drive this Goal? FIP’s Catherine Duggan & Lina Bader will showcase the birth of FIP DG10… and our plans to tackle global priorities through FIP EquityRx
- How FIP DG 10 fits within the global quest for equity in health, women in health and access to quality care? What more should pharmacy do? We will hear from – and be challenged by – Roopa Dhatt (Executive Director, Women in Global Health)…
- What is the impact of inequities to access to medicines & pharmaceutical care on lives and nations? Through a regional lens, Adi Nuseirat (Technical Officer, World Health Organization) shows us the realities in the Eastern Mediterranean region..
- Why we need equity in pharmacy now! FIP’s ex-President Carmen Peña calls on all of us to amp up the action…
- What does equity in pharmacy (workforce, practice and science) REALLY MEAN? We will explore this question & more through a virtual roundtable with panelists from around the world including Claire Thompson, Nilhan Uzman, Nadia Bukhari, Vibhuti Arya, and Shane Desselle, Angie Lim Hui Li, Isaac Nii Ofoli Anang, Sherly Meilianti & many more joining us on the day!